Tuesday, September 8, 2015

Hale to the Ol' Notre Dame



This weekend was one of my favorite times of the year. That time of the year when football is back. I play baseball and it is my craft, but man, there is just something about football that rejuvenates me. The smell of the fresh cut grass and the popcorn. I could go all Kenny Chesney here with the "Boys of Fall" spiel, but instead I want to show some love to my Fighting Irish of Notre Dame for making a big statement win this weekend versus the Texas Longhorns. The anticipation of the game was built from the moment I woke up. It was like a beacon of hype that couldn't be ignored any longer. My Irish had a so-so year last season, so I was ready to here the sounds of the marching band and see the classic gold helmets take the field again and stat off of a good note versus a solid Texas squad. Once I had all of my green and blue on and my game face on, I do not think that I sat down more than once or twice during the game. The game started off with the Irish striking first and going up 7-0. Once they scored the first touchdown, I started speaking in an Irish accent that me and my "boyo" can nail. The game wasn't just another sporting event, it was the kickoff to what should be a great year of football. I got the BYU hail mary pass on snapchat and that was a great game. Notre Dame's game might not have been down to the wire like some of the other game this weekend, but they definitely have the pieces to make a run for a playoff berth this year. Watching Notre Dame football is just something that appeals with my heritage too. The fighting Irish, Touchdown Jesus, all that jazz. Anyways, college football is back folks and you best bring your popcorn.

1 comment:

  1. Casey,
    I liked you and your blogs already, but with this new found knowledge about you being a Notre Dame fan I will follow much more routinely! Great blog, I couldn't agree more with the first college gameday being one of my favorite days as well. There really is something about the atmosphere that gives me goosebumps. When the Irish fight song is played you know it is time for a great season. They never disappoint. I will bring the popcorn if you're watching the game! Football season is back and I am just as fired up as you! Go Irish!

    ReplyDelete