Sunday, August 30, 2015

Pop the volley, I'm settin'

This weekend at college, I finally got the motivation to participate in the mud volleyball tournament. I have always said I would play in previous years, but I never followed through with it. Well this past Saturday,  I rolled out of bed and was ready to get knee deep in some mud. After going to the volleyball courts and seeing the line for registration, I quickly felt that familiar feeling to want to call it quits and just crawl back to bed; but I stayed strong and had to wait it out. Our co-ed team of 6 was called "Knee Deep", which was nowhere close to the level of creativity that some teams had for their team name. I'm not that great at volleyball, so my attitude going into the tournament was just to enjoy the atmosphere and have fun and the winning would take care of itself. Sure enough, thats what we did. We won our first 3 games pretty easily and found ourselves in the sweet sixteen. As the day went on, we heard the tournament was going to go till around 8 PM. Instead we decided that we needed to eat soon, so we forfeited our next game and called it a day. After falling into the mud filled pits a couple of times and channeling my inner pig, it felt good to be involved in something so fun and inclusive of everyone on campus.

3 comments:

  1. Casey-
    I can't believe it took you this long to come out to mud volleyball! I have participated in it all 3 years and look forward to it every year. I don't look forward to the amount of mud that comes along with it, but I guess that is half the fun of mud volleyball. I can't blame you for forfeiting though! I was kinda upset that they didn't set up the tournament how they have in past years, mens, women, and co-ed leagues! I'm glad you came out an played though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Casey-
    My man, you should have stayed and competed! I understand you were hungry but not many people at ALL can say they hit the sweet sixteen let along maybe even the elite eight. On the other-hand, I absolutely love food so that side of me agrees with you. Congrats on making it that far thought, like I said not many get that far. I remember my Freshman year we made it to the sweet sixteen and lost because one of our girls decided to take part in some unwanted activities to say the least. Regardless, I am glad you had some fun and experienced something most only seen in pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Casey-
    I have never played in the mud volley tournament, and every year I have some regret when I'm not one of the people covered in mud walking around campus. It sounds like you had a good time, I know how I am when I get hungry, no trophy is worth the wait! Maybe next year they will have food on site to help compensate for those who keep winning. Great blog, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete