Sunday, October 4, 2015

Polar Bears Take A BIte Out Of The Blue










All hope seemed to be lost for our Polar Bears on Saturday when they were playing the John Carroll Blue Streaks in a conference football game in University Heights, Ohio. I wasn't in attendance, but I knew that our football team had a big game on its plate versus a nationally ranked John Carroll team. A win would move the Polar Bears to 4-1 and maybe the best start to a season in a while for ONU. After using social media, I found some tweets on my timeline talking about the game. Coincidentally, I was driving back to Ada, so as a loyal listener, I tuned in to 94.9 FM The Beat and listened to the broadcast of the ONU game. With the game on the line, on a 4th and 20, Freshman QB Will Freed chucked a deep ball to senior tight end, Justin McCray and he pulled the ball down for a 37 yard touchdown pass. The Blue Streaks still had 4:22 left on the clock but the Polar Bear defense prevailed and held their ground. ONU is off to a hot start, maybe its hottest in recent years. A freshman QB from the West Coast is under center, an electric receiving core and a defense that refuses to give in. The Polar Bears have beaten 2 teams in a row that have been major problems in years past, so now with Mount Union in the near future, Coach Dean Paul and his troops will truly be battle tested.

2 comments:

  1. Casey- I was not on campus this weekend but I found out through social media that our football team had won. I definitely wasn’t expecting to scroll through my feed and see that ONU topped #11 John Carroll. What a pleasant surprise! With this huge win, I am looking forward to seeing how the rest of the season plays out. Hopefully ONU can use their momentum against Mount Union, another ranked team. As always, go Polar Bears!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Casey,

    I wasn't able to attend the game, but it was all of social media during and after the big win. Lauren was listening to the radio all day because she had to work and I received frequent updates from her. I am excited to see how we continue to do as we have already had some surprising wins!

    ReplyDelete